CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

If you can't beat 'em.... join 'em!

I know winter can be very harsh and its coming is always associated with sadness and dreadfulness. I have always expressed my dislike of it. All because for me, it takes away all the beautiful and bright things. It takes away the sun, the flowers, the green leaves and the singing bees and birds. All it brings is darkness, coldness and eerie silence. But reality is, it's here to stay and every year it will be like this over and over. How can one beat nature?? It now becomes a matter of choice......

If you can't bet 'em.... might as well join 'em!
I made my first snow angel this winter! One Sunday morning in the park with the snow still undisturbed on the ground, I just dived in and with my back on the soft snow discovered a very different perpective. I was greeted by the beautiful sight of the blue sky. How serene and peaceful.

It wasn't so bad. I may not be able to do this during the weekdays when all I can ever do is work and work but if I get to know winter during the weekends, we may end up being friends. :) Maybe next weekend, I'll try tobaggining or snow ball fights.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tama yan dapat karirin ang winter!

just don't take the snowball fights seriously :-)

escape said...

who would not want a snow angel in their backyard?! hahaha... i will definitely do the same if i was there.

EM said...

Sana nga Juleste...pero kalaban ko talaga ang lamig. It's not home to me.

hehe... hindi ko pa nasubukan mag snowball fight. To think six years na ako dito. Pag nakabili ako ng bahay at may malaking back yard... and my kids are still willing to throw a ball or two...

EM said...

Naku... you'll enjoy the snow DonG. Ginawin lang talaga ako. No natural warmth coming from within me...hehe.