CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Caricatures... better than the truth...hehe



"A caricature is either a portrait that exaggerates or distorts the essence of a person or thing to create an easily identifiable visual likeness, or in literature, a description of a person using exaggeration of some characteristics and oversimplification of others."


That is the definition of a caricature according to Wikipedia. It also adds that it can be insulting or complimentary and can serve a political purpose or be drawn solely for entertainment. On our visit to wonderland today, there on one of the sidestreets, a couple of caricature artists is waiting for people to have their potraits done. There were a few samples to look at and I was attracted by how funny the pictures were.







The above picture is me and the picture on the left is my daughter. As you can see...we do look like we are relatives....hehe. It's not as exagerated as the displayed pictures but they are funny enough and close enough to our real faces. I think ... they are even better looking than the real ones...lol.
I will have these caricatures framed and displayed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice and interesting portraits!

Some pupils of ours who are honed to be school cartoonists are good in drawing caricatures. When I asked one of them to render my image, I remember I looked like a character in a Japanese anime. Sayang, I was not able to save my portrait.

EM said...

Hi Jules

You should have another one! They are really cool! These artists are very talented. Only if we can draw as good as them.