CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mirror or Lens?




Looks like a mirror but it's actually a lens. The kind used in cameras...for this particular lens, it is Infrared Camera (IR). It's made of silicon polished to a curve.
I had one scrapped from production and found a good use for it. It is now displayed on the wall of my cubicle facing me. It is so shiny that it looks like a mirror and the curve has allowed it to reflect a big area. Now I can see who's sneaking up behind me when I'm working on my lap top.
It's a lens but I am now using it as a mirror. Pretty sad for the lens fate. It could have gone airborne. Anyway...better than being in the garbage, eh?!

5 comments:

escape said...

akala ko nga mirror.

EM said...

Hi the Dong!

Got ya!hehe...for anyone not familiar with optics, it would always be a mirror. Anyway, it could be both. But this one is specially made to be a lens.

thanks for your comment!

Anonymous said...

If that is a lens, then how big is the camera? The lens looks big to me. The photo puzzles me. Did someone took a shot of the lens while you were in front of your laptop?

EM said...

Hi Juleste!

The lens is about 6 to 7 mm in diameter. I know it looks big but it's because i'm zooming on it. Did you notice that i'm holding a camera? i'm the one who took the picture.

maybe i'll take another picture of the lens in a zoom out to be able to visualize its size relative to the things beside it.

have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I have looked at the photo several times before but its only now that I notice that you're holding a camera. My eyes tricked me again! If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't know.