CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stopping to smell the flowers....


During our bike trek we stumbled upon a wild flower patch. Located between the creek and the bike trail it is a perfect place to stop, take a breath, drink water and enjoy the scene. It’s not the kind of flower patch that we see in parks where each kind has its own place. This flower patch is like a free for all plants to grow. They are practically growing everywhere. In between grasses and rocks they breed and swell.



This flower is the most abundant! My daughter said it’s called butter cup. Reminds me of a popular song during my school days. "Why do you build me up...Buttercup, baby, just to let me down...." :)


This shot is a favourite. All the fine details were captured by the camera. Even the fine spider web was caught. Hope you can see it. Time to play ...”I spy... spider web” hehe



I didn’t know this flower can survive in the wild. Not as much as the buttercup but they are so pretty against the yellow buttercups. they are taller though.



We saw this little guy gnawing away the leaves he's clinging to. Such a cute bugger!!



Another cute critter minding its business in the flower patch. Such ecology burstling of life and synergy.



I wonder what flower this is. Its beautiful. Small, does not have a scent but it attracts attention of passersby. The caterpillar has also chosen it from all the plants around.
Allow me end this adventure with a quote by Anne Frank about nature:
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wild flowers! Those that simply burst their beauty in the open and let nature takes its course. Great shots, Em!

And a timely quote from a courageous girl.

Instead of thinking of 'you don't send me flowers, you don't sing me love songs', the untamed beauty of the flowers remind me of a popular Pinoy rhyme about flowers... Some hot babes made it into pop song.

Can you guess what it is? :-)

EM said...

Of course!!

Bubuka ang bulaklak,
Dadaan ang Reyna pakembot kembot
Boomkiyaya, boomkiyaya, yey!

LOL! i guess that's dfeinitely just a portion of the whole rhyme.

Flowers also remind me of the days when the pyramid mania was very popular. They use the song Bulaklak while meditating under a pyramid. I don't know if you remember but the song goes like this:

Bulaklak, amd bango ng bulaklak
ang ganda ng bulaklak, dulot sakin ay galak.

I have to google that song sometimes.

thanks for the chat Jules!

Anonymous said...

You got the first line right! We use to play games about it when we were kids and it was fun.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJgeaV9n-Uc

It created a sensation then. See for yourself why :-)